Way back in the day, I found one of the most ghetto delicious recipes on the planet: Oreo brownies. This beauty of a dessert was found on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen but no longer seems to be on her site. But this recipe must be shared with the masses! It’s too good to hoard to myself!
Thus, I gift it to you. You’re welcome.
I had to make it festive though. Tis the season to be spooky, after all.
So there’s a little dash of Halloween Oreos and M&Ms, a pinch of pumpkin spice M&Ms, a few rats’ tails, some eye of newt…
Are you paying attention? I promise those last two ingredients won’t really make an appearance.
These are great when you need something so rich you won’t want two. Which is hilarious, because they’re so darn good you WILL want two. But alas, you won’t be able to stomach it. I’ve tried. I’ve always almost regretted it, and that’s saying a lot coming from me and my bottomless pit of a stomach.
As it happens, I needed something rich that would make me forget everything. The fundraising auction we had was a lot of work, mind-boggling, but totally worth it. However, I needed a break after watching the bids fly and printing out shipping labels (which I’m still working on right now).
Enter ooey-gooey brownies. Hello gorgeous, get in my mouth please. Nom nom nom.
Yes, I still talk to food. No, I will not grow up. Deal with it.
Thankfully, it’s very hard to talk with a bite of these in your mouth. Try. It won’t work well.
I suggest you have a glass of milk or water sitting next to you if you do want to talk. Though I really don’t see why you’ll want to. The only word coming out of your mouth should be “mMmmmmmmMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMmmmm.”
- 1 package Oreos, double stuffed preferable
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup M&Ms
- ½ cup pumpkin spice M&Ms (found at Target)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease up an 8×8 pan WELL, then liberally sprinkle flour (all-purpose or bread) over that as well as along the sides.
- Place the cookies in a large Ziploc and seal it tight. Crush the Oreos so they’re mostly broken but not crumbs (slam it on the floor, bang something on it, whatever you want. Kids would love to help with this).
- In a large bowl, mix the cookies with the melted butter. Pour half the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the M&Ms and marshmallows on top.
- Pour the remaining cookie mixture on top, followed by drizzling the condensed milk evenly all over the brownie goodness.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let cool to room temperature before cutting into the brownies. These will be gooey so have your plate ready!
PS: if you’d like to help us with our adoption, you can still get involved by purchasing this super cool t-shirt at Chrome Buffalo until Oct 12th.